Burning Man

just noticed this game on the front page of reddit

nice job :slight_smile:

DzzD, Gudradain: Congrats. Don’t get too cocky though, I might release a pack of levels I rejected because they were too damn hard ;). Or I can at least release the level editor.

Markus Persson: I was wondering why my number of downloads doubled overnight, then I saw that it was on your blog. Thanks!

kapta: Yeah, a friend insisted that I post it. I didn’t realize quite how many downloads it’d get me though, I might have to go post BugWar too so it doesn’t get jealous.

I found the levels challenging enough, ofc I passed all.

Can you release those “hard” levels outside of the 4k competition? It’s fun to play this game.

WINNER 2010!!! EXCELLENT GAME!!!

Here’s your reward :smiley:

http://sitetrophy.com/trophy.jpg

Well done SquashMonster! :smiley:

A great reward would be to have great publicity on big sites such as articles and interviews.

Thank you, everyone.

Did you ever get around to making a “beyond 4k” version of the game? :slight_smile:

Daemon reference?

–SPOILERS FOR DAEMON-----
There’s a character in Daemon called Roy Marret, and he ends up running through Mathew Sobal’s Mansion on fire and gets nicknamed The Burning Man.

—END SPOILERS—
Was this game inspired by that?

CyanPrime - Nope, never even heard of it. The actual process behind the game’s concept goes something like this:

Me: Hey, I have this really sweet fire effect, and I bet it would be easy to port to a 4k environment. Hey Ben, what’s good excuse for a game to have tons and tons of fire?
Ben: What if you are on fire?
Me: Oh man, you could like… burn through wooden platforms. It’d be great.

Appel - Sorry I took half a year to respond; I made that “Game of the Year Edition” version but that was actually 4k again. I might go make a full version. A friend and I are starting up a business, so there might be a full version for Android sometime in the next few months.