Bubo 4k

I think this was made as a Flash game first, not sure where I found it though. This 4k remake is a good idea!

If you have some bytes left I would suggest to improve the “feeling of satisfaction” when making balls explode. I think most of this game’s interest lie on this stupid “click and watch” thing, it’s a bit like when playing with bubble wrap =D At least the first levels should be really easy (and by easy, I mean hundreds of bubbles :P), it would also help people unterstand the rules - or at least having fun clicking everywhere.

I guess you could improve the feeling of the game with nicer balls (by giving them a more 3D’y look?), more spectacular explosions (more particles? shock waves?), and why not sound improvements, like a “blowing balloon” sound when balls grow - not sure if it’s easily done with procedural sound though ^^

@jimeowan
Unfortunately no bytes left for now. let’s see if I can cut something first. the suggestions are great.

@toasten
still can’t figure out. did you reload the page so many times?

To all who has game froze, please try again this time. Hope no more like that :slight_smile:

Hi,

no reloading. Just (re)played it. First 4k game for today. Dont know how long it took this Time. But Error was the same :smiley:

For nut case’s sake, wth going on with my code??? ;D 11 days left to fix it.

worked great for me, loved it
later its like epic space combat explosion… stuff

you gotta reload for a different mode, that sucks
the sounds are cool, little scary at first but later it sounds like fireworks

didnt run into memory error, but I did reload and didnt play more then 5 minutes without reloading

Ok small fix. I’m blaming audio part for memory error. Now the sound is little slow at first time but not later (cached). Please try again, especially you toasten :wink:

I’ll add a way to go back to the menu when gifted by free time.

For the first time you play a sound, you can do it at startup with volume set to 0. Then first “heard” sound should be fine.

Finished the game on Fate Mode, got no memory crash but the message : “CONGRATS! YOU WIN WITH SCORE 77233”. I had to restart level 20 10 or 12 times, about the same number of tries as during my former play that crashed in last january.

I also wanted to suggest you to replace the colored squares of your title, by discs ! But if it becomes unreadable, then just keep the squares.

Thanks. Lol, by circle you mean? let’s see…