4Kanabalt

Still an impossibly bad FPS for me.

Updated again: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1668516/fourkay/kanabalt.html

Kev

I am experiencing tearing in this version. In fact, it appears to be shaking up and down rapidly. Is that by design?

The shaking up and down is intentional :slight_smile:

The tearing is horizontal.

Kev

Nice, we’re back to playability.

Good fun! The birds could maybe be a but more distinctive, but otherwise it’s quite enjoyable.

Nice, as always :slight_smile:
It would be cool to control the length of the jump, e.g. hold the mouse button for longer jumps.

p.s. 1222m

Nice game - is it actually a game ?
But it’s fun somehow and a real challenge, so lets call it a game :wink:
As said above, I like the parallax scrolling, too.
2240m btw.

Keep going!!

2408 :stuck_out_tongue: yes, it’s already a game.
now we need some highscores but not into 4k… but who knows what the ol’ grandmaster can do? ;D

+1 :slight_smile:

I think that would be very annoying actually, because you can only control the jump height (IRL) before you leave the ground. Often you have to jump ‘last minute’ in this game, which would mean you barely have time to press the mouse for any time whatsoever.

I’d say: long jump when both clicking the left and right mouse button.

Ultra superman jump when clicking left/right/scrollwheel? :slight_smile:

Try double-click for double jump.

Cas :slight_smile:

[quote]Try double-click for double jump.
[/quote]
Have you updated the applet? I couldn’t get it to work.

There seems to be a bug where birds are a tile above. This morning saw the chimney thing you can hit, wasn’t on a roof (but you may have fixed that).

2514m

I meant Kev, try implementing it :slight_smile:

Cas :slight_smile:

[quote]I meant Kev, try implementing it
[/quote]
Haha I got confused for a sec who was building the game :stuck_out_tongue:

2509 :wink:

Mike

length of time the button is pressed to determine the size of the jump is the behaviour in the original game :slight_smile:

Also most platformers use this behaviour (mario, sonic, etc).

Exactly. I assumed that Kev just hadn’t got round to that yet. It’s a fairly key part of the gameplay because it allows you to avoid overshooting small roofs.

Updated again:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1668516/fourkay/kanabalt.html

• Added variable jumping with length of button press (ok ok try it out and see)
  • Fixed the birds/boxes bug

Kev

Yay, plays much better now.

Just need the player to get faster and faster now as he runs and to loose speed when he hits an obstacle like a box/chair, having that and you’ve pretty much nailed the gameplay of the original :slight_smile:

He gets faster and faster right now.

Kev